WE'RE OBSESSED: OSCAR DE LA RENTA STAMPS
Posted on April 28 2017
ACCORDING TO DE LA RENTA...
Oscar de la Renta's ethos was simple: A woman should be "in love with the clothes she is wearing," he said. Since he started his own label in 1965, de la Renta created clothes made with opulent fabrics, spirited prints, and ineffably feminine silhouettes.. Here are ten things he thought every woman should have not just for lovely style, but for a lovely life...
- A GREAT ROMANCE “There is nothing more wonderful than being madly in love.”
- FACE FRAMING EARRINGS “It’s a great compliment to the face to have something that moves.”
- A SMALL BAG “Full of mystery.”
- BLACK LACE “It is extremely feminine.”
- A CONFIDENT WALK “You have to walk like you have three men walking behind you.”
- A CAUSE TO SUPPORT “When you rest, you rust.”
- RED CARNATIONS “A deep, deep red.”
- A SIGNATURE SCENT “If you wear a different perfume every day, I do not recongnize you.”
- VERY TALL SHOES “They create such a flattering line.”
- A COMPETITIVE STREAK “Dominos, bridge... I love to compete. And rules were made to be broken.”
*Originally published in the November 2012 issue of Allure